School Direct is a multifaceted programme with an outstanding team of school based mentors and practitioners that support our trainees throughout the year. In addition to this a fully embedded talent management programme is threaded through the programme to ensure that all aspects of personal and professional development are covered.
We have expanded our School Direct offer with places now available in Derby as well as Nottingham. The School Direct Derby programme is run in partnership with the University of Derby with lead school Allenton Community Primary.
You can be assured that if you join the Transform School Direct programme we will help you to achieve your full potential.
We have asked some of our past trainees to share their journey here.
Applying to the Transform School Direct Programme
Our recruitment process is designed to ensure that we select the right candidates for this programme and it gives you the opportunity to see if school direct is the route for you. Throughout the year we host School Direct Open Days at our lead schools, Sneinton C of E Primary in Nottingham and Allenton Community Primary School in Derby. On these days you can observe classes in progress, meet with current trainees and members of our programme team to gain first hand experience of the programme. A tour of the school brings to life the hands-on nature of school based teacher training and to have the opportunity to ask questions directly with staff and trainees will help you decide if this is the route for you.
Our Nottingham School Direct Primary Experience Days are running on:
• Thursday 14th November 2019, 8.30-3.30 pm, Rise Park Primary & Nursery School
• Tuesday 28th January 2020, 8.30-3.30 pm, Sneinton C of E Primary School
Our Nottingham School Direct Transform Open Evenings, including a school tour and Q&A session are running on:
• Thursday 14th November 2019, 3.30-6.00 pm, Rise Park Primary & Nursery School
• Tuesday 28th January 2020, 3.30-6.00 pm, Sneinton C of E Primary School
Our Nottingham University School Direct Open Days are running on:
• Saturday 8th February 2020, 10.00am-1.00pm, Dearing Building, Jubilee Campus
Our Derby School Direct Primary Experience are running on:
• Wednesday 4th December 2019, 9.30am-3.00pm, Ravensdale Junior School
• Thursday 6th February 2020, 9.30am-3.00pm, Lawn Primary School
• Tuesday 31st March 2020, 9.30am-3.00pm, Zaytouna Primary School
Our Derby University School Direct Open Evenings are running on:
• Thursday 7th November 2019, 4.30pm-7.00pm, University of Derby, Kedleston Road
• Thursday 23rd January 2020, 4.30pm-7.00pm, University of Derby, Kedleston Road
• Thursday 14th May 2020, 4.30pm-7.00pm, University of Derby, Kedleston Road
We offer Primary Experience Days in one of our partner schools, where you will have the opportunity to observe classroom practice and inform your application. We have a full calendar of events, which is updated regularly. These sessions are very popular and with limited places we would encourage you to reserve a place sooner rather than later.
UCAS opens for 2020/2021 applications on Tuesday 8th October 2019. To apply to the programme you will need to complete the online application via UCAS and identify Transform as your preferred training provider with the following codes:
We are urging all potential trainees to submit their applications early. For further information and helpful advice to support your application download our Nottingham Applicants’ Information Pack or our Derby Applicants’ Information Pack.
Further information regarding the University of Nottingham recruitment process can be found here.
Further information regarding the University of Derby application process can be found here.
If you would like further information about Transform School Direct please contact: Jayne.email@example.com for the Nottingham programme, or Mary.firstname.lastname@example.org for the Derby programme.