Improving outcomes for children in Reading at Key Stages 1 and 2
This programme has been developed for current and aspiring English Subject Leaders to develop policy and practice in their schools for the effective development of reading comprehension skills.
Specifically, the programme will cover:
- What reading comprehension is and how it is translated into a learning strategy, particularly for low attaining and disadvantaged learners.
- How to develop comprehension strategies which you can apply more widely.
- How schools can implement approaches to reading comprehension including enabling support staff with their delivery to develop explicit and consistent teaching of comprehension.
- How to engage learners in the recognition of the learning process (metacognition) and provide feedback so that they understand the progress they are making.
- How to ensure the texts used provide an effective challenge
To download the PSG Reading Offer, please click here.
To download the PSG Reading and Writing Planner, please click here.
All of the resources shared throughout the PSG Reading project can be accessed by clicking here.